I love the scene in the film City Slickers where Mitch, played by Billy Crystal, is sitting around the campfire with Curly, played by Jack Palance. Curly shares some wisdom with Mitch.
Curly: Do you know what the secret of life is?
[holds up one finger] This.
Mitch: Your finger?
Curly: One thing. Just one thing. You stick to that and the rest don't mean s***.
Mitch: But, what is the "one thing?"
Curly: That's what you have to find out.
What if there is One Thing in business that is so powerful that it outshines all the other THINGS you’ve been taught? Well, there is such a thing. It isn’t a silver bullet and it requires real focus and persistence to get it right but the payoff is huge.
How powerful is it? To understand how important this one thing is to your business, take a look at the impact it can have. IT:
- Enables your business to work without you
- Allows you to spend time working ON the business rather than IN the business
- Allows you to spend time AWAY from the business
- Increases the value of your company
- More attractive to potential buyers
- More attractive to potential investors
- Increases the number of potential buyers
- Dramatically enhances succession/exit plans
- Facilitates Employee Engagement
- Eases hiring of new employees
- Streamlines training of new employees
- Simplifies cross-training of existing employees
- Enables more capable employees to take on greater responsibility
- Improves customer loyalty
- More consistent customer experience
- Empowers employees to delight customers
- Makes it easier to do business with your company
- Provides the ultimate Quality framework
- Increases efficiency
- Reduces cost
- Reduces variability and waste
That’s a pretty impressive list of benefits, isn’t it? So, what is the One Thing? Stay tuned and we’ll share that with you in our next post as we take a deeper dive into what it is and how it works.
If you can’t wait and want all these benefits for your company now, click here.